Motivated by Christian love, we aim to offer friendship, advice and opportunity for change to women affected by sexual exploitation and those in prostitution. We recognise that these women are often excluded from society and we seek to cross boundaries and enter into their community.
To provide unconditional friendship, advice and help in a safe environment. Through the relationships that we build, we aim to support women in the choices that they make, and if they wish, to assist them in changing their lifestyle.
We aim to take into account the addictive lifestyles and the difficulties that this presents to the women’s health and well-being.
- Valuing the Individual: We respect the equality and unique value of every woman and encourage them to fulfil their potential.
- Striving for Excellence: We seek to deliver services of the highest possible quality and constantly improve through listening, reflecting, learning and action.
- Seeking Justice: Working closely with vulnerable and disadvantaged women, we challenge injustice, using our experience and research to achieve change.
- Working in Partnership: Working together with local agencies and other organisations, we place the women’s needs at the heart of our services. In all our relationships, we act with integrity, being open, honest and transparent.
- Investing in People: We value and invest in our staff and volunteers, developing their skills and confidence, inspiring and motivating them to find real meaning and purpose in their roles.
- Opposed to discriminatory practice: We treat every woman equally; respecting and valuing her differences, we actively promote equality and diversity. No woman seeking help and support from Hull Lighthouse will be treated any less favourably than another.
To work alongside other statutory and voluntary agencies in the city to help address and overcome the major issues surrounding sexual exploitation and prostitution.
We believe in a better way of life for the women outside of prostitution without increasing arrests, relocating the women, or hiding or disguising the problem.